We had farewell party for Robert and said good bye to him. Robert has accepted post-doctoral position at University of Pennsylvania in Dr. Sydney M. Shaffer’s laboratory.
- We welcome Matthew Froid to the Marusyk Lab! Matthew comes with biology as well as mathematical background. He will work on the interface of experimental and mathematical modeling. Welcome, Matthew!
- We are thrilled to announce that Robert cleared his PhD defense with flying colors and became the first PhD graduate of the Marusyk lab. Congratulations Dr. Robert Vander Velde!
- We welcome Menkara Henry, our latest recruit to the lab! Menkara will contribute to many projects in the lab by learning various molecular biology tools and by helping with ongoing mice studies.
Dr. Robert Vander Velde
Marusyk lab members attended the 3rd Cancer Biology and Evolution Symposium at Moffitt. Daria's work was selected for a featured poster and Robert's work was selected for a mini-talk. Bina won a best poster prize. Congrats!
- Bina wins first prize in a 2-minute elevator research pitch competition in the 'Junior Scientist Retreat' at Moffitt Cancer Center. Congratulations Bina!
- Robert participates in the 'USF Health Molecular Medicine retreat 2019' and wins best poster in the "Biochemistry, Cancer & Drug Discovery" category. Congratulations Robert!
Check out our new publication with our collaborator Dr. Jacob Scott on evolutionary game theory, which has just been published in Nature ecology and evolution.